Laboratory of Open Systems and Networks has years of experience in research and development in the field of technology enhanced learning and education.
Many of the research activities have been carried out in the EU FP7, FP6 and FP5 funded projects. In the ELENA project, a smart space for learning that integrates heterogeneous learning services and provides a learner personalised view on a large collection of learning resources was created. The iCamp project investigated innovative learning processes for higher education and created an iCamp Space based on social software and personal learning environments. Privacy aspects of personalized adaptive learning systems were for example investigated in the PROLEARN network of excellence in professional Learning, while a brokerage platform for exchange of learning resources was built in the UNIVERSAL project. In the frame of the “Interoperable Content for Performance in a Competency-driven Society (ICOPER)” project from the European eContentplus programme we successfully concluded research on learning outcomes and competences in technology enhanced higher education. The project evaluated the existing standards, such as IEEE RCD, IMS LD or IMS QTI for learning outcome-based education and described good practices in specification and formal description of learning outcomes, searching for the most useful courses according to the expected learning outcomes, evaluation of obtained skills and competencies, and collection of learner achievements over longer periods of time. Part of the eContentplus programme is also the “Skill based scouting of open user-generated and community-improved content for management education and training (OpenScout)” project that enables users to easily find, access, use and exchange open content for management education and training. The open content can be found, retrieved from or published at the learn.openscout.net portal.
At the end of 2011 we start with the SELPRAF project »Self-employment with e-leaning based Practise Firms« (Leonardo da Vinci). The general aim of the SELPRAF is to encourage people’s interest for entrepreneurship through an innovative SELPRAF Training Programme for the acquisition of the four key competences and on the other hand, to enable the inclusion of the unemployed in practice firms and to encourage the self-employment.
Current research activities in the framework of technology enhanced learning are also the topics of our bilateral projects: bilateral project Slovenia – Cyprus (Cyprus University of Technology) and bilateral project Slovenia – Serbia (University of Niš). The Laboratory has many experiences with dissemination of the results of the projects it participated in, and organisation of training events.
- ARH, Tanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, DIMOVSKI, Vlado. The impact of technology-enhanced organisational learning on business performance : an empirical study. J. East Eur. manag. stud., 2012, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 369-383.
- ARH, Tanja, PIPAN, Matija, PETERNEL, Marija Mojca, DEBEVC, Matjaž, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Fostering the integration of web 2.0 technologies and E-learning in vocational education and training. WSEAS transactions on information science and applications, 2010, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 241-251.
- DINEVSKI, Dejan, POLI, Andrea, KRAJNC, Ivan, ŠUŠTERŠIČ, Olga, ARH, Tanja. E-health integration and interoperability based on open-source information technology. Wien. klin. Wochenschr., Suppl., 2010, vol. 122, suppl. 2, pp. 3-10, doi: 10.1007/s00508-010-1354-9.
- DINEVSKI, Dejan, FOŠNARIČ, Samo, ARH, Tanja. Open educational resources in e-learning. Organizacija (Kranj), 2010, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 4-8.
- NAJJAR, Jad, DERNTL, Michael, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, BERND, Simon, TOTSCHNIG, Michael, GRANT, Simon, PAWLOWSKI, Jan M. A data model for describing and exchanging Personal Achieved Learning Outcomes (PALO). International journal of IT standards & standardization research, 2010, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 87-104.
- DOLOG, Peter, SIMON, Bernd, NEJDL, Wolfgang, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž. Personalizing access to learning networks. ACM Transactions on internet technology. Vol. 8, no. 2, article 8, 2008, 21 pages.
- ARH, Tanja, KOKALJ, Rok, DINEVSKI, Dejan, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Pregled stanja na področju e-izobraževanja v Sloveniji. Organizacija (Kranj), 2008, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. A155-A167.
- KLOBUČAR, Tomaž. iCamp Space – an environment for self-directed learning, collaboration and social networking. WSEAS transactions on information science and applications, 2008, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 1470-1479.
- JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, LAI-CHONG LAW, Effie, ARH, Tanja. An assessment of the usability of internet based education system in a cross-cultural environment : the case of interreg crossborder program in Central Europe. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. [Print ed.], 2007, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 66-75.
- ARH, Tanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Application of multi-attribute decision making approach to learning management systems evaluation. Journal of computers, 2007, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 28-37.
- LAI-CHONG LAW, Effie, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, PIPAN, Matija. Analysis of user rationality and system learnability : performing task variants in user tests. Behaviour & Information Technology. [Print ed.], 2007, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 421-436.
- JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, ARH, Tanja. iCamp – an approach for enabling interoperability of open source learning systems. WSEAS transactions on information science and applications, 2006, vol. 3, 12, pp. 2403-2409.
- KLOBUČAR, Tomaž. Assessing personalized search in educational networks. WSEAS transactions on information science and applications, 2006, vol. 3, 12, pp. 2456-2463.
- JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž. Privacy provision in e-learning standardized systems: status and improvements. Computer Standards and Interfaces. [Print ed.], 2005, vol. 27, str. 561-578.
- ARH, Tanja, DEBEVC, Matjaž, KOCJAN-STJEPANOVIČ, Tanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Testiranje uporabniške prijaznosti na primeru izobraževalnega portala EducaNext. Organizacija (Kranj), 2005, let. 38, št. 4, str. 183-189.
- ARH, Tanja, RAJKOVIČ, Vladislav, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Tehnološko podprto izobraževanje – uporabnost in primernost sistemov za upravljanje e-izobraževanja. Organizacija (Kranj), 2005, vol. 38, št. 8, str. 386-393.
- KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, SENIČAR, Vanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Privacy and personalisation in a smart space for learning. Int. j. contin. eng. educ. life-long learn., 2004, vol. 14, str. 388-401 (lokalna kopija članka).
- JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, TEKAVČIČ, Metka. Privacy provision in e-learning systems. WSEAS transactions on information science and applications, 2004, vol. 1, str. 1314-1319.
- PIPAN, Matija. Izmenjava učnih gradiv s sistemom UNIVERSAL, Organizacija (Kranj), let. 36, no. 8, str. 570-573, 2003.
- SENIČAR, Vanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž. Privacy-enhancing technologies – approaches and development, Comput. stand. interfaces, vol. 25, str. 147-158, 2003.
- PIPAN, Matija, ARH, Tanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Innovative remote laboratory in the enhanced E-training of mechatronics. V: KARTALOPOULOS, Stamatios V. (ur.). Circuits, systems, electronics, control and signal processing : proceedings of the 7th WSEAS International Conference on Circuits, Systems, Electronics, Control and Signal Processing (CSECS’08), Puerto De La Cruz, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain, December 15-17, 2008, (Electrical and computer engineering series, A Series of reference books and textbooks). [S. l.]: WSEAS Press, cop. 2008, str. 93-97.
- ARH, Tanja, PIPAN, Matija, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, DEBEVC, Matjaž, PETERNEL, Marija Mojca. Enhancing in e-learning in vocational education and training with VET community portal. V: BULUCEA, Cornelia A. (ur.). Recent advances in e-activities, information security and privacy : proceedings of the 8th WSEAS International Conference on E-activities (E-ACTIVITIES ’09), proceedings of the 8th WSEAS International Conference on Information Security and Privacy (ISP ’09), Puerto De La Cruz, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain, December 14-16, 2009, (Electrical and computer engineering series). [S. l.]: WSEAS Press, 2009, str. 99-104.
- ARH, Tanja, DIMOVSKI, Vlado, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. ICT and web 2.0 technologies as a determinant of business performace. V: AL-MUTAIRI, Mubarak S. (ur.), MOHAMMED, Lawan Ahmed (ur.). Cases on ICT utilization, practice and solutions : tools for managing day-to-day issues. Hershey; New York: Information Science Reference, cop. 2011, str. 59-77.
- PIPAN, Matija, ARH, Tanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. The evaluation cycle management – method applied to the evaluation of learning management systems. V: SPILIOTOPOULOS, Tasos (ur.). Integrating usability engineering for designing the web experience : methodologies and principles. Hershey: Information Science Reference, 2010, str. 58-80.
- KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, JENABI, Mahsa, KAIBEL, Andreas, KARAPIDIS, Alexander. Security and privacy issues in technology-enhanced learning. V: Expanding the Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications, Case Studies; P. Cunningham (ur.), M. Cunningham (ur.) IOS Press, 2007 Amsterdam, ISBN 978-1-58603-801-4, str. 1233-1240.
- ARH, Tanja, DIMOVSKI, Vlado, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Technology-enhanced learning: A strategic advantage for companies’ performance – the Slovenian case study. V: Expanding the Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications, Case Studies; P. Cunningham (ur.), M. Cunningham (ur.) IOS Press, 2007 Amsterdam, ISBN 978-1-58603-801-4.