Name of the project: ATHENA
Duration: 01.02. 2021 – 01.02. 2025
The ATHENA project aims at supporting consortium partners, which include 6 Research Performing Organisations (RPOs), and 2 Research Funding Organisations (RFOs), in the development and implementation of Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) as a way to generate systemic institutional changes.
Therefore, the project focuses on 8 research organisations and universities and research funding organizations of selected EU Central-Eastern countries and outermost regions, which appear to be lagging behind EU trend with respect to the goals of removing barriers to the recruitment, retention and career progression of female researchers; address gender imbalances in decision making processes; generate a cultural change needed to avoid future gender bias and discriminatory practices. The implementation of the GEPs will generate a sustainable cultural and institutional change which in turns will allow to unlock the research potential of the partnering organizations.
- CONSULTA EUROPA PROJECTS AND INNOVATION SL ES
- INSTITUT JOZEF STEFAN SI
- UNIWERSYTET JANA KOCHANOWSKIEGO W KIELCACH PL
- UNIVERSITATEA DIN BUCURESTI RO
- UNIVERSIDAD DE LAS PALMAS DE GRAN CANARIA ES
- CONSIGLIO NAZIONALE DELLE RICERCHE IT
- USTAV VYSKUMU SOCIALNEJ KOMUNIKACIE SLOVENSKEJ AKADEMIE VIED SK
- UNIVERSITY OF RUSE ANGEL KANCHEV BG
- GOBIERNO DE CANARIAS ES
- FUNDO REGIONAL PARA A CIENCIA E TECNOLOGIA PT