Primož Cigoj, M.Sc. earned his master’s degree at the Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School. Prior to that, he studied computer science at the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. Currently, he is a researcher and developer in information security at the Laboratory for Open Systems and Networks, Jožef Stefan Institute. Besides that, he is completing the doctoral dissertation in the information and communication technologies at the Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School. Primož Cigoj participates in European Funded H2020 projects. He is an Ethical Hacker and has over 15 years of experience carrying out security checks and penetration tests. His main areas of interest are information security, digital forensics, fight against cybercrime, and cloud computing. Moreover, he is the Internet Society (ISOC) representative in Slovenia since 2011.
- B. Sc., University FRI – Ljubljana, Slovenia, The Faculty of Computer and Information Science
- M. Sc., Institute Jožef Stefan, Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School, 2011 – 2014
- Ph. D., Institute Jožef Stefan, Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School, 2014 – (expected: 2020)
- 23 years of experience in UNIX or Linux, Networking, IT infrastructure environment and management
- 20 years of experience with developing tools on PHP, SQL, Python, C, C++, Perl or a scripting language, processes for standard operating procedures.
- Experience in enterprise support of Unix variants (Linux/Solaris/BSD) and strong Linux/UNIX knowledge with significant exposure to Red Hat Enterprise Linux or a Linux variant.
- 5+ years of working knowledge of major Public and Private Cloud platforms (VMware vCloud, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, VMware vRealize, OpenStack, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle OVM, RedHat KVM, etc.)
- Understanding of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, WINS, load balancing and firewalling concepts
- Experience with network security: configuring/maintaining ACLs, knowledge of firewalls.
- Experience with network packet capture and analysis.
- Background configuring distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment in a Linux environment.
- Lecturer experience by delivering interactive presentations and practical workshops at conferences on the subject of computer cybersecurity.