Laboratory for Open Systems and Networks has years of experience in research and development in the field of technology enhanced learning and education.
Many of the research activities have been carried out in the EU FP7, FP6, FP5, eContent+ and Erasmus+ funded projects.
In the “Gameplay for Inspiring Digital Adoption (GIRDA)” project we are currently addressing the problem of digital divide and barriers to learning and adoption faced by older citizens who often have no digital skills.
The main goal of the EmployID project was to support and facilitate the learning process of PES (Public Employment Services) practitioners in their professional identity development. In the ELENA project, a smart space for learning that integrates heterogeneous learning services and provides a learner personalised view on a large collection of learning resources was created. The iCamp project investigated innovative learning processes for higher education and created an iCamp Space based on social software and personal learning environments. Privacy aspects of personalized adaptive learning systems were for example investigated in the PROLEARN network of excellence in professional Learning, while a brokerage platform for exchange of learning resources was built in the UNIVERSAL project.
In the frame of the ICOPER project from the European eContentplus programme we successfully concluded research on learning outcomes and competences in technology enhanced higher education. The project evaluated the existing standards, such as IEEE RCD, IMS LD or IMS QTI for learning outcome-based education and described good practices in specification and formal description of learning outcomes, searching for the most useful courses according to the expected learning outcomes, evaluation of obtained skills and competencies, and collection of learner achievements over longer periods of time. Part of the eContentplus programme was also the OpenScout project that enables users to easily find, access, use and exchange open content for management education and training.
- JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, JERMAN BLAŽIČ, Andrej. Overcoming the digital divide with a modernapproach to learning digital skillsfor the elderly adults. Education and information technologies, ISSN 1360-2357, [in press] 2019, 21 pages.
- JERMAN BLAŽIČ, Andrej, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Digital skills for elderly people: a learning experiment in four European countries. Review of European studies, ISSN 1918-7173, 2018, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 74-86.
- JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, CIGOJ, Primož, JERMAN BLAŽIČ, Andrej. Learning digital skils for elderly people by using touch screen technology and learning games : a case study. In: MCLAREN, Bruce M. (ur.). Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Computer Supported Education, 15-17 March, 2018, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal. [s. l.]: SciTePress – Science and Technology Publications. 2018, vol. 1, pp. 222-229.
- CIGOJ, Primož, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. An advanced educational tool for digital forensic engineering. International journal: emerging technologies in learning, ISSN 1863-0383, 2016, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 15-23
- JERMAN BLAŽIČ, Andrej, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Exploring and upgrading the educational business-game taxonomy. Journal of educational computing research, ISSN 0735-6331. [Print ed.], 2015, vol. 52, iss. 3, pp. 303-340.
- IOANNOU, Andri, VASILIOU, Christina, ZAPHIRIS, Panayiotis, ARH, Tanja, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, PIPAN, Matija. Creative multimodal learning environments and blended interaction for problem-based activity in HCI education. TechTrends, ISSN 8756-3894, 2015, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 47-56.
- ARH, Tanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, DIMOVSKI, Vlado. The impact of technology-enhanced organisational learning on business performance : an empirical study. J. East Eur. manag. stud., 2012, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 369-383.
- ARH, Tanja, PIPAN, Matija, PETERNEL, Marija Mojca, DEBEVC, Matjaž, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Fostering the integration of web 2.0 technologies and E-learning in vocational education and training. WSEAS transactions on information science and applications, 2010, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 241-251.
- DINEVSKI, Dejan, POLI, Andrea, KRAJNC, Ivan, ŠUŠTERŠIČ, Olga, ARH, Tanja. E-health integration and interoperability based on open-source information technology. Wien. klin. Wochenschr., Suppl., 2010, vol. 122, suppl. 2, pp. 3-10, doi: 10.1007/s00508-010-1354-9.
- DINEVSKI, Dejan, FOŠNARIČ, Samo, ARH, Tanja. Open educational resources in e-learning. Organizacija (Kranj), 2010, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 4-8.
- NAJJAR, Jad, DERNTL, Michael, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, BERND, Simon, TOTSCHNIG, Michael, GRANT, Simon, PAWLOWSKI, Jan M. A data model for describing and exchanging Personal Achieved Learning Outcomes (PALO). International journal of IT standards & standardization research, 2010, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 87-104.
- DOLOG, Peter, SIMON, Bernd, NEJDL, Wolfgang, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž. Personalizing access to learning networks. ACM Transactions on internet technology. Vol. 8, no. 2, article 8, 2008, 21 pages.
- ARH, Tanja, KOKALJ, Rok, DINEVSKI, Dejan, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Pregled stanja na področju e-izobraževanja v Sloveniji. Organizacija (Kranj), 2008, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. A155-A167.
- JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, LAI-CHONG LAW, Effie, ARH, Tanja. An assessment of the usability of internet based education system in a cross-cultural environment : the case of interreg crossborder program in Central Europe. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. [Print ed.], 2007, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 66-75.
- ARH, Tanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Application of multi-attribute decision making approach to learning management systems evaluation. Journal of computers, 2007, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 28-37.
- LAI-CHONG LAW, Effie, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, PIPAN, Matija. Analysis of user rationality and system learnability : performing task variants in user tests. Behaviour & Information Technology. [Print ed.], 2007, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 421-436.
- JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, ARH, Tanja. iCamp – an approach for enabling interoperability of open source learning systems. WSEAS transactions on information science and applications, 2006, vol. 3, 12, pp. 2403-2409.
- KLOBUČAR, Tomaž. Assessing personalized search in educational networks. WSEAS transactions on information science and applications, 2006, vol. 3, 12, pp. 2456-2463.
- JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž. Privacy provision in e-learning standardized systems: status and improvements. Computer Standards and Interfaces. [Print ed.], 2005, vol. 27, pp. 561-578.
- ARH, Tanja, DEBEVC, Matjaž, KOCJAN-STJEPANOVIČ, Tanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Testiranje uporabniške prijaznosti na primeru izobraževalnega portala EducaNext. Organizacija (Kranj), 2005, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 183-189.
- ARH, Tanja, RAJKOVIČ, Vladislav, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Tehnološko podprto izobraževanje – uporabnost in primernost sistemov za upravljanje e-izobraževanja. Organizacija (Kranj), 2005, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 386-393.
- KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, SENIČAR, Vanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Privacy and personalisation in a smart space for learning. Int. j. contin. eng. educ. life-long learn., 2004, vol. 14, pp. 388-401.
- JERMAN BLAŽIČ, Andrej, NOVAK, Franc. Challenges of business simulation games: a new approach of teaching business. In: GRADINAROVA, Boyka (Ed.). E-learning : instructional design, organizational strategy and management. Rijeka: InTech. 2015, pp. 227-259.
- ARH, Tanja, DIMOVSKI, Vlado, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. ICT and web 2.0 technologies as a determinant of business performace. In: AL-MUTAIRI, Mubarak S. (Ed.), MOHAMMED, Lawan Ahmed (Ed.). Cases on ICT utilization, practice and solutions : tools for managing day-to-day issues. Hershey; New York: Information Science Reference, cop. 2011, pp. 59-77.
- PIPAN, Matija, ARH, Tanja, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. The evaluation cycle management – method applied to the evaluation of learning management systems. In: SPILIOTOPOULOS, Tasos (Ed.). Integrating usability engineering for designing the web experience : methodologies and principles. Hershey: Information Science Reference, 2010, pp. 58-80.
- KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, JENABI, Mahsa, KAIBEL, Andreas, KARAPIDIS, Alexander. Security and privacy issues in technology-enhanced learning. In: Expanding the Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications, Case Studies; P. Cunningham (Ed.), M. Cunningham (Ed.) IOS Press, 2007 Amsterdam, ISBN 978-1-58603-801-4, pp. 1233-1240.
- ARH, Tanja, DIMOVSKI, Vlado, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Technology-enhanced learning: A strategic advantage for companies’ performance – the Slovenian case study. In: Expanding the Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications, Case Studies; P. Cunningham (Ed.), M. Cunningham (Ed.) IOS Press, 2007 Amsterdam, ISBN 978-1-58603-801-4.