The primary aim of the project is to improve the technology of speaker recognition by
- improving knowledge of the problem
- evaluating current techniques and products
- investigating novel techniques.
The focus of the project is speaker recognition/verification over telephone lines, but knowledge gained is also of value to other areas e.g. standardisation of measurement techniques and forensic testing.
- Polycost – a common database on which COST250 partners can compare and validate their speaker recognition
- Reference system – a commonly available reference speaker verification system
- A survey of databases for speaker recognition.