The events of the Researchers’ Night in Slovenia will take place on September 25th 2015 in:
- Ljubljana, Novo mesto, Izola and Planica
The objective of all events corresponded to the WeForYou project main goal is “to enhance public recognition of researchers and their work, notably through offering the public at large, regardless of age and scientific background, opportunities to discover their human face and share with them experiments, ideas, problems, concerns, hopes, passions and fun”, as well as the following project objectives:
- Bringing researchers and public at large closer to one another, pointing out the “ordinary character” of the researchers and in such a way facilitating their integration in the social fabric;
- Stressing the societal importance of research, not only for competitiveness and economic growth but also towards citizens’ daily lives and well-being;
- Stimulating young people to embark on scientific careers by underlining the fascinating and fun aspects of research;
- Illustrating the European dimension of the event, pointing out the EU support in favour of researchers and research and underlining the importance of European and international cooperation in research.
The target audience include children, students, local authorities, researchers, teachers, etc.