The main objectives of the SI-PASS action were to build a production ready Slovenian eIDAS node that is compliant with the latest version of the eIDAS technical specifications and integrate four existing public and one private cross-border e-services with the node. The services in production belong to the eHealth, intellectual property systems, e-Pension, public legal records, and business transactions domains.
As part of the eIDAS node development, the action also integrated the node to the Slovenian SI-PASS platform consisting of the SI-CAS (Slovenian central authentication system) and SI-CeS (Central eSignature system) systems. SI-CAS is an existing Slovenian central service for identity verification, while SI-CeS implements server-based electronic signatures. The remote e-signature system has been replaced by the latest version of eSignature DSI (DSS) to enable also electronic seals.
The services integration allow the Slovenian service providers to accept eIDs issued from any Member State and enable cross-border transactions compliant with the eIDAS Regulation. Regarding specifically eSignature, the action has enabled the mutual recognition and cross-border interoperability of e-signatures by the public and private sector entities relying on the central server based system for e-signature SI-CeS.
Eight institutions from Slovenia participated in the project:
1. Jožef Stefan Institute as coordinator,
2. National Institute of Public Health,
3. The Slovenian Intellectual Property Office,
4. Pension and Disability Insurance Institute of Slovenia
5. Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Public Legal Records and Related Services,
6. SETCCE, signature technology provider
7. OSI systems integration,
8. the eIDAS node host and the main Slovenian eGovernment driver Ministry of Public Administration.